I am so excited and eager to show my artwork to the world. However, I want to make sure that I create a professional and top quality art portfolio. I want make a good first impression to my future clients. In addition to my art portfolio, I am working on a total of three book dummies. I have completed three picture book manuscripts that I plan to illustrate for future publication. To keep myself displine and focused, I make sure that I dedicate at least one hour a day working on my craft. Below, I listed a few things that helps me to stay on task. Believe it or not as a newbie, I already have deadlines. I will be applying for a SCBWI Illustrator grant in November and I have registered to participate in the illustration showcase in February for the SCBWI Mid Winter Conference in New York City. Yes, I am really excited, but I also want to be prepared.
How do stay focused every day:
- I dedicate at "least" one hour a day to work on my craft both writing and illustrating.
- I challenged myself to 365 Days of Sketching
- I participate in Illustration Friday
- I started a blog to keep track of my progress
- I share my artwork as much as possible (except my book dummie artwork)
- Believing in myself and knowing that every minute that I work on my craft is going to be worth it!
Thanks for taking time out your day to read a glimpse of my journey :)