Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Creepy Crawlers and Tiny Creatures with Wings on the Brain






















My love for creepy crawlers and tiny creatures with wings goes way back a long time ago when I was kid.  I have always been fascinated by the unique colorful pattern and texture of most insects have on their corpse.   I have studied and admire bugs for many years as a hobby.  

The career as a medical or natural science illustrator never came to mind, until recently.  I have no plans on returning back to school at this time, so I am going to go by faith that my talent and passion alone will get my art work noticed.  

Over the next few weeks, I will be drawing and painting natural science images for my portfolio.  My goal for this type of illustration is to create beautiful artwork for children’s non-fiction books that specialize in entomology.  I also have plans to become a member of the Guild of Natural Science Illustrator in the near future. I am so excited about writing  and illustrating for both non-fiction and fiction picture books for children.

Victoria Thomas












No comments:

Post a Comment