I have a two completed manuscripts. I decided to self publish one manuscript and traditionally publish the second manuscript. This concept is called a hybrid author.
Here are a few examples of what an hybrid author is:
- A hybrid author can also be writers who self-published first and then sold to a major publisher.
- Authors who first published with a smaller press and then self-published (and the reverse) also use the term.
- Hybrid author is an author who has self-published an eBook first, then sells the print rights for that book to a traditional publisher while retaining the electronic rights.
- Hybrid authors who have a traditional publishing agreement for one title and self-publish novels or short stories using the same characters.
- It’s common for a hybrid author to have a book for sale through a traditional publisher and self-publish a second title.